• Residential Care Apartment Complex is a community where five or more adults call home.
Each apartment has a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and living area. The bedrooms are at least 250 square feet excluding the closets.
• This type of setting can provide you or your loved one up to 28 hours per week of supportive care.
The supportive care may include assistance with dressing, bathing, grooming, meals, toileting, transferring, medication management, amongst other services if it is less than 28 hours per week.
• Residents living in this setting are free to come and go as they please.
Building doors are unlocked unless after hours which is set by the community.
• RCAC’s have staff available 24 hours a day for emergency needs.
• In most RCAC’s you are responsible for all room furnishings including mattress, box spring, headboard, nightstand, dresser, etc.
You may also be responsible for supplying toilet paper, towels, washcloths, linens, etc.
• Team members working in RCAC’s will complete state mandated trainings of first aid, standard precautions, medication administration, and fire safety.
There are additional trainings each community provides to each team member as well.
• How do you know when it is time to consider a RCAC?
If the person has experienced a fall, it’s getting harder to maneuver around the house, there are signs of isolation/depression, you notice nutritional needs are not being met, signs that activities of daily living are not being done adequately, medication isn’t being taken properly or there are safety concerns. If any of these things are currently a concern, reach out to your Senior Housing Advisor right away.
Your local Senior Housing Advisor is here to answer any questions you may have about the care and placement of your loved one. From home health care or Assisted Living to Memory Care, you will be given information from your Advisor on options to find the best fit possible.
If you have questions about cost or sources available to assist with payments, your Senior Housing Advisor can connect you with the right people. We are here to take away the stress of finding a Senior Living Community. There is absolutely no charge to you for these services, so give us a call today.
Our service area covers all Western Wisconsin and more. We are connected with Assisted Livings across the United States and can help you no matter where your loved one lives.